Sunday, September 12, 2010

9-6-2010 "35 Days"






Well I have to say this was just a great week. We got to work, Elder Solis, and I. Hes got almost 5 months in the mission and is just a great missionary. He helps me in all the aspects that I need. I think the Lord saw that we were serious about giving it all this week, so he sent us even more help. Elder Lopez Trujillo, who has about 16 months in the mission, decided at the end of last transfer that he didnt want to be Zone Leader anymore. Its a long story, but last saturday, he became our companion. So we have the Old man, the Zone Leader, and the Excited Greenie. It makes for a great companionship. We ended up getting the Norms of Excellency this week, which just felt great. We had one of the coolest baptisms in my mission also.
Esahu, agreed to be baptized last sunday. The only problem is that he worked all week and we couldnt go visit him. He left at 9 in the morning and got home at 10 at night every day except sunday. So we prayed and his girlfriend taught him everything he needed to know. He did great in the interview and was really excited for the baptism. I got to get wet again, which is always nice. After church, we went and celebrated and ate lunch with them. We had the opportunity to talk with Esahu´s mom and commit her to baptism this sunday. Tomorrow we should find out her decision, but we are gonna work hard to baptized every single week this transfer. I really want to accomplish that so pray for our success.
Testimony meeting was just great! Our trio decided to go up first and start off the meeting with our testimonies, and then all the members, including an investigator decided to go up there and share theirs. 3 converts of mine bore their testimony, and just just made me feel so great. I love them all so much! They are really progressing here in this ward, and ive been priveliged to see that progress.
Im having fun, working hard, and really enjoying myself right now. I hope you all are too. Have a great week!
Con amor, Elder Turley
Im gonna send a few pictures...
The first ones our Baptism on Sunday
Second was us when we played Soccer today
Third is me and my companions Elder Solis is the little guy sitting on our legs (HES TINY!!!) and Elder Lopez Trujillo is the bigger one.

No comments:

Post a Comment