Sunday, September 12, 2010

8-9-2010 "22 months"

So, Im just realizing that my time is quickley coming to an end. How sad! I mean I really did miss going to Powell with everyone, but Im gonna miss the mission. 9 weeks left. Isnt that crazy?

We had a great week this week. It was really special for me. First of all, we went and had our capatication in Torreon, right across the street from my old area. It was 3 days of learning the new material and the new way of teaching, that we will be teaching all the missionaries in these months. It was a great chance to learn, review, and better my teaching skills. I wont lie though, it was overload. 9 to 4 for 3 days straight. I got tired, but also excited to try some new tactics in these last 2 months.

Ending the capatication on wednesday and thursday, Elder Larson and I went out to an area in Torreon to help out a companionship over there. We got to try and set a few baptismal dates with varied results. It was an opportunity to just try everything we were learning on the people. We had fun. The best part was on thursday night when the Assistants let me go to my old area and visit a few people there. It was just awesome. I hardly had anytime, but I got to visit a few families and talk to them a bit. The Pedrozas were home and that was just great to see all of them and laugh with them for a few moments. Then, I got to spend some short moments with Gerardo, who got baptized just a week after I left that area. We got to talk about how they felt and how they were still strong in the church. It was just great.

It looks like we will have another capatication my last week here in the mission. Im excited because I get to say goodbye too all my friends. Its just gonna be awesome.

So, we ended up getting back here on friday night. Kind of missed out on the whole week. But Elder Perez came through and followed up just great with the baptismal date that we had. The brother was really prepared and it was just a matter of supporting him and watching out for satans attacks. On saturday we did the interview and everything turned out fine. The Baptismal service was really special. I sang a hymn...alone....thats a first in my life. I was nervous but in the last 2 versus the spirit came and I relaxed and just tried my hardest. I sang Abide with me, tis eventide. Everything went smoothe and the spirit was present. Just another great experience.

This change we gotta push hard if we want to baptize more, but the baptisms are out there. Pray for our success and just prepare yourselves for the sensation when I get home. Things are gonna go off the wall. It looks like Ill be landing at around noon on the 11th of October, so we will have plenty of time to go to In&Out and then on a nice bike ride. Im excited. 5 more baptisms is my goal so everyone pray for our success!

I did get the cookies and they were intact. They were great mom thanks!

Love you all

Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment