Sunday, September 12, 2010

8-23-2010 "Hola"

Hey everyone! I hope you had a great week! Our week was alright. Some families in the ward threw me a couple parties for my birthday, so they took care of me on that side. The problem is that Im not used to eating that much food and cake, and it made me sick. Im still a little sick today, but I cant say that I didnt enjoy it. It made me feel good and loved here.
Yesterday, at church, Rosana, our most progressing investigator, came up to me and asked me if she could get baptized. Thats a first in the mission. I felt so bad that I had to say no because shes not married. Shes in a really tough situation with not very many solutions. The good thing is that shes determined to get baptized, so thats gonna help her out a lot.
Today should be one of the best P-days of my life because in the afternoon, I will be going on a bike ride. The bishops gonna lend me his specialized who knows what. its a really old model. Then, the son of Jesus, the man we baptized two weeks ago, is going to lend me his clip pedals and some clipless shoes and we are going to go on a real bike ride. The truth is, even though I am sick, Im so excited. Its one of the things Ive missed the most.
We are seeing some opposition with our investigators, but I think we havent tried hard enough with them. We have kinda been slacking off a little bit in these past weeks, so we need to pick it up. After all, I need to finish strong. Pray for me so that I can be more obedient, be more excited, be more diligent. Im sure your prayers will help me out a bunch in this week.
I love you all!
Have a great week.
Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment