Sunday, September 12, 2010

7-12-2010 "My miracle"




Hey everyone!
I was looking and thinking about it, and it appears that this week that we just had was the best ive had in the week, referring to completing goals and everything. We managed 60 lessons, 6 at church for the first time, and a miracle baptism. It was awesome. Oh, and Our Zone also won the Golden Shoe competition that the Mission has. Pretty cool huh!
So this week was a lot of ups and downs. We thought the two girls were gonna get baptized, but then the mom said no, and that baptism fell through, on thursday, which really bummed us down. We were kinda getting frustrated at that point, and even more when the appointment with this kid, Robert, who also could have been baptized on sunday, fell through. So friday, I had to go over to Valparaiso and take care of two baptismal interviews. My companion and I were kinda bummed out that day. Saturday came, and we went and played soccer with the young men of the stake, our plan was to get Robert to say yes. He showed up and after the game, The Bishop, My companion and I all talked to Robert about getting baptized on sunday at 8 in the morning. He said yes! So that got us really excited again. We finished out saturday strong and got up early yesterday to fill up the font. 8 O´Clock came around....and no Robert, bummer. I didnt get frustrated, just bummed out that he didnt show up. I was sitting in the Sacrament Meeting Room, and I remember just looking up and saying to myself, ¨I need a miracle right now¨. I kinda just said that because I was tired, we had worked hard that week and had done everything possible to baptize and nothing. But, the Lord heard my prayers. Carlos, who was going to baptize his friend, Robert, showed up with his parents, who arent members. We were outside, and I jokingly said to the mom, hey well the waters warm we could take advantage and baptize you (its difficult to translate the phrase from Spanish but for those who understand I looked at her and said, ¨Pues, Hermana, la pila está llena. De una vez, no?¨). Her oldest son, Jorge, whos also a member, told me that she was actually thinking about it. So my companion and I went inside and a few minutes later, Jorge told us that his mom wanted to get baptized at the end of the Church Services. So we called the Zone Leaders, and they came running over. In the 3rd hour we got the interview done and she got baptized! I and my companion just started laughing because we had no idea why this woman just decided to do it. We had challenged her so many times and she always said no, but God touched her heart I guess, and the week ended great!
Today we had another Soccer Game against the members of the stake. We won again. This time it got a little harder, but we are a hard-playing team and we got the job done. We took a picture of the team that Ill send along with this Letter. Ill also send a picture of the Baptism. A little kid also got baptized yesterday, so it was pretty cool. Tomorrow we have interviews, and i should have more of an idea if they are going to transfer me or if ill stay another week. I hope you all have a great week.
Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment