Sunday, September 12, 2010

8-30-2010 "Sick Week"

So this was my sick week. I wrote a little bit about how I felt...but man things just got worse and worse and worse. On monday, we went on the ride, Elder Larson, Marcos and I. I rode a MontaƱa bike, while Elder Larson got the nice Giant from the Bishop. My bike had no shocks, but with a little help from marcos, we got some clips on it. I have to say that even though i was really sick, I enjoyed the ride a lot. It will be fun to go home and get good again.
So from tuesday on was the sick week. I woke up with horrible stomache pain, through up in the morning and we started our day. I tried to fake that I was alright and just hoped that it would pass but it didnt. Eventually I told my companion that I could walk anymore. So we called Sister Clark and she recommended some medicine for a Stomache infection. Unfortunately the day before Mexico had made a law stating that you cant bye antibiotics without a prescription. So i had to go to a doctor and he didnt give me the prescription for what sister clark told me. He gave me a prescription to go and get 5 shots in my butt of a more powerful medicine because my infection was really bad. So we went and bought it. I started feeling a little better each day. We couldnt go out and work but at least I was getting better...until yesterday, when I woke up with hives all over my legs. I thought that maybe a spider had bit me or something, and took a shower and went to church. The lord really did bless us with success yesterday, even though we couldnt hardly work. 2 new investigators came to church! And 1 is gonna get baptized on sunday! I looked over at companion when we saw how many people had gone to church and I just said, "I really must have suffered a lot this week, that God with bless us so much at church". We both just grinned and Church turned out to be a little peaceful moment. Anyways, in the afternoon Ivan, the convert doctor, came to the house to give me my 4th shot when we both realized that the hives hadnt gone away and had actually continued to grow. He told me to not inject the last injection and he took me down to his ambulance and they prepared something to stop the alergic reaction. So his partner started trying to put an IV needle in my arm. He first said that Gringos have Crocodile skin...i guess thats a compliment...and then tried twice and failed to get the IV in the vein. So Ivan tried and also missed... and then tried again in the same spot and got it. It wasnt very fun. They gave me the medicine that just knocked me out completely and the hives went down a little. Unfortunately I woke up today and they are even worse... so I had to go and buy some more medicine and now Im here. Thats my week. My very sick week.
So now we are starting my final transfer in the mission. Today at like 3 Ill know if I stay or I go. Ill see if i cant let you know with a little email. I was just meditating the other night and Im gonna hit this transfer full force. My goal is 5 baptisms, it will be tough but definately possible If I work as hard as I can. Im ready. I had a week of mandatory rest so Im ready to get back out and work. Keep praying for my success and my health please!
I love you all! Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment