Sunday, September 12, 2010

7-26-2010 "me"

So, we had another week fly by. It just keeps going by faster and faster. The wedding sounds like it went just great. Thats awesome. I hope you all have a great time in Lake Powell. I think everyone but kimmy has gone soft , so I can only trust in kimmy to jump off a 60+ foot cliff this year. When I get back ill be able to fill that role again.
So we had an interesting time trying to adjust ourselves to 2 areas. Its pretty tough. Ill try to calculate it a bit for you guys. We walk by the way. Our area is like from where the Chesebro house is all the way to Best Buy in T.O. And thats all on foot. We are trying our best to manage. We have a few investigators in both areas, but Id always like to have more. Realistically, we are looking at 2 or 3 baptisms this transfer, but im hoping for 4. They are also deciding to change all the missions in the whole world. That means I only have 1 zone conference and 1 interview left. It should be interesting. Also, instead of 5 lessons, there are going to be 8 lessons. Its all focuse on makin missionaries better teachers.
Yesterday, we had a tragedy here in the ward. A sister was driving home from the city of Jerez, when she got in a car crash and her little girl died. She was holding the girl in her arms when the ambulance came. It seems like things like that are just increasing, with Sister Pace and this little Girl here. We are kinda on comfort control now. Just going around and talking with members. I think in a little while we are gonna go and visit the sister, who is a really good friend. They have the body in the chapel right now, and i think they are going to bury the girl tomorrow in the morning. At least the girls in a better place.
So thats my week. Just chugging along. Trying to work hard and enjoy my last moments as a missionary.
I love you all! Have a great week!
Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment