Sunday, September 12, 2010

8-2-2010 "Hi"

Hey everyone! Sounds like Lake Powell is going great. The truth is...I really do miss it. I hope youy are all having a blast out there.
This week for me, is gonna be a really busy one. Tomorrow I have to go down to Torreon for a few days. I write it like that just so it sounds like im a business man. I have a couple of meetings down in Torreon. Actually, they are going to change the whole mission. We will be teaching missionaries 8 new lessons to help them improve their teaching. The new lessons are strictly for missionaries. It should be really interesting to get some new material and see what happens with this whole new strategy.
Yesterday, we had some great attendance in Church. 3 for the first time and 3 for the second time. One of them was Jorge´s dad, Jesus. He told us on saturday that he was really starting to believe this stuff and getting excited to get baptized. He said that he didnt want to put a date, but that any day now he would just tell us that he was ready to get baptized. Usually I have the instinct to push and push and push, but this time I decided to just relax and show this Brother that I was confident in him. And thats how we left it until sunday, when, in Gospel Principles class, he just started commenting about everything. That was a pretty good sign that he had felt the spirit so I turned over to the Bishop and asked him to have an ¨Interview¨ with Jesus, but he was really just going to be challenging the brother to get baptized. Well, they were in the interview for a good amount of time. Like 40 minutes and we had to go to the sacrament meeting of the other ward. After the Bishop finished, he came in and got me to talk to me and told me that the brother decided to get baptized this coming sunday. Pretty awesome! What makes it even more awesome is that this guy has been an investigator for years. His son has been a member for 5 years now. It feels good that we were able to win his trust and then help him feel the spirit in order to get baptized.
So 10 weeks left. I hope to spend them all here, in Fresnillo. But lets see what happens with that. Have a great week everyone and some one needs to do the death run on a tube and jump off a huge cliff. Just to remember me!
Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment