Tuesday, September 7, 2010

6-21-10

Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing well.
We had a tough week, to be honest. Back to the grind of finding and filtering investigators. To make things worse, my companion and I are having trouble getting along. I feel like I try so hard but he just doenst want to be my friend or change. Maybe it will come in time for him later in the week. The good news is that I got wet again yesterday. Happy Fathers day dad, I cant see you but i can baptize for you at least. Her name is Marcela and shes not even an investigator from my area, but with Elder Knowles, my second companion, and Elder Morales, my district leader, I had been helping out to teach her and to get her to accept her baptism. Shes been an investigator for years, so Im sure a bunch of missionaries who have served here will be happy to hear that FINALLY Marcela got baptized. I being the last one of the missionaries here in Fresnillo to have taught her, she asked that I baptize her. It was a nice, simple service at 7 at night yesterday. The water was warm, and everything, once Marcela got to the building, went just fine. Ill see if i cant send a picture over. So thats the good news.
Ive been super stressed out with my responsabilities and more with the fact that we have NO investigators. As many doors as we knock, we just cant seem to find even 1. To be honest its been really frustrating with the pressure I feel right now, and I think back to my MTC days where, as a district leader, I had the same type of breakdown sessions. I guess I havent changed as much as I thought. I still have to cry every once and again. Its just been taking a toll on me, but Ill stick with it. I just try to think that in a very short time, Ill be home, so that comforts me a bit.
Yesterday, we might have found the next person who could get baptized. Elder Sanchez, who might be my next companion, ill have to explain that next week, and I went to lunch together and the dad of these 2 members isnt a member, infact there are 4 members of the family who arent members. The father recieved us really well and told us that hed love to learn from us everything that he could. Seems golden, but we will find out more this week. Im hoping so.
Today we went and played soccer against the Zacatecas Zone. We lost, but I won MVP so that at least makes me feel a bit better. Ive become the most wanted defense in the mission. Who knew that Id end up loving to play soccer. I think Ill join a league after the mission...and Ill play like a mexican!
So thats my week. Knocking, contacting, and being tired and frustrated...but at least im honest!
Pray for our success. I could really use the help! I love you all! Have an amazing week!
Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment