Sunday, September 12, 2010

7-19-2010 "Heey"

Hey everyone! So heres the news. Im staying another transfer here in Fresnillo! Im happy with it. They ended up doing some really crazy stuff this transfer, but i think it will turn out to be fun and more interesting for Elder Perez and I. They decided to close the area Americas, so Elder Lamb and Felix got the boot. That means that Olivo will also have the responsibility of covering both areas. It will be a little tougher, but im looking forward to it. I still get to be with some great people, and be around my converts, but now i also get to explore a new area, kinda like getting transfered without the cons. Anyways, Elder Perez and I are looking forward to the new challenge weve been given. Lets see how it goes.
So, Elder Perez this week, decided to confront the mother of these two little nieces of Gina, but to no avail. I didnt want anything to do with it, because im kinda over the whole battle thing. I decided to help Gina out with her english. In order to enter College, she has to read a whole book and pass a test for english. It was a good excuse to get out of an uncomfortable situation. It was actually pretty funny because when Elder Perez asked if he could talk to her, everyone said they had to go do something. Even though I couldnt get super far away, we quietly talked about english on the other side of the room, while these two just went at it. To the credit of my companion, he did a great job, and maintained a calm, spiritual mood. He never contended. But that lady was there to fight for her life. Theres so many people like her in this world. People, that, even though they know they are wrong, just stick with what they believe because its what they learned when they were young. I think it was a good experience for Elder Perez, though. He is at the point in the mission where he wants to take on everyone and convince them. I figure by letting him get in conversations like this, he will not only become more persuasive, but also he will learn to discern who will and who will not accept. I still remember when I was at that point in where I wanted to take on every Jehova´s Witness, but i soon realized that it never works.
So we are getting ready to work really hard this transfer. We have a goal of 3 baptisms this change, which will fullfil our goal as a ward, and as a district. I know if we work hard the Lord will provide us with that success. I wont lie, these are some really old areas, and everyone has heard. But the Lord has given me a lot of blessings and success here, so whos to say he wont keep doin that. Im excited to search for the 1 like taught me a year ago. Who knows the 1 might just have a family of other "1´s"
Dad, I have decided to train when I get home, just so that I can smoke you up rock store. Id love to race a little before I lose my chance.
I hope you all have a good week. It sounds like things are gonna get really fun out there. Just remember me when youre out in Powell, up at the Wedding. Ill definately be thinking about you guys. I love you all, especially Josh Jordan, yeah that guy in chile. I hope you have a great week. Pray for us so that we can find the elect out here!
Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment