Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6-14-2010







Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Im just great. Well, Elder Lopez and I will be together for another transfer, but there were some changes in the District. Elder Morales, our district leader, and a really great friend, got changed. Hes a Zone Leader in Torreon so thats great for him. They decided to let me try being a district leader, so Im staying in my same area but im District Leader now. Its kinda stressful, but Im sure it will be fun. I decided to upload some pictures before i write so that i dont forget. Some baptisms, a picture of me and Elder Robb, a really good buddy, and a picture of Elder Lopez, Ricardo, and I. We are the trio. Ricardo goes wherever we go, so its fun. Hes a good kid and pretty soon will be off on his mission. He just recieved the Melchisidek Priesthood a couple weeks ago, and yesterday got to confirm Fernando, who got baptized two weeks ago. Ricardo is really excited to get out and serve a mission and hes a really cool kid. We have a lot of fun.
This week, we had more success. Its the third consecutive week that weve baptized so im really happy. Elder Lopez... not so much. Who knows why but hes never happy. Ive tried talking to him and helping him but he just doesnt want to open up. Kind of a bummer, considering that this is my area of most success. So Ivan´s mom and his sister got baptized last saturday, but let me tell you how it all went down. They told us that they wanted to wait until after the 4th of july, because Ivan´s mom has some heart problems. We agreed to wait and prepare them more, but on thursday, Elder Harris, my zone leader, and Lindsay´s exboyfriend´s bestfriend, called and said that the whole mission was only going to have 1 baptism, which is a no no here in this mission, so he told us to look for anyone who had gone more than 2 times to church and that had heard the lessons. So we went over with them and I shared a few scriptures with the mom from the bible. If anyone wants to look them up its these three: Proverbs 8:17, Mathew 25, and Mathew 4:18-22. I talked about how what if the Apostles had told Jesus that they would follow him, but after the 4th of July. What would have happened? I then bore my testimony and she got a phone call, so i took the chance to say a silent prayer and beg for a miracle. When she came out I told her that we were going to have a different companion come the next day and do that Baptismal Interview and that he was going to help her decide when she needed to get baptized. She agreed, and the next day, Elder Ponce, the new zone leader. Went with us and did the Baptismal Interview with both of them and help the mom decide to get baptized the following day. After that we gave a blessing of health to the mom and blessed her that everything, including the baptism, would go well and without problems. And thats what happened. Saturday, at around 12 noon, they both got baptized. Ivan got to baptize both of them. That was a good experience for him also, because the same day that Ricardo recieved the priesthood, so did Ivan. All in all, it was a simple, but a nice baptismal service.
It looks like this transfer will be a lot of knocking and contacting, with isnt that great, but Im sure we will find more elect, who are waiting for the gospel. The time is just flying by fast. I hope to get the package this wednesday mom, so ill let you know how it goes. As for the internship in colombia, if i understood right, that i would be living in colombia, well that just sounds awesome. Im totally down. Plus we can find some new trails. If you want me to do something relating to the church, work, or studies, dad, Ill do it. You have my complete trust. So make it happen.
I hope you all have an amazing week. I love you all so much!
Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment