Wednesday, June 16, 2010

5-17-2010

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great week. Remember that 5 months isnt a lot so you should prolly try to write me every week until I get home so that I forget all the times that I didnt get letters.
Well, Ill be honest, our week was tough. Another rejection week. We also found out that Araseli, Gina´s mom, has to wait until the 31 to be interviewed by President Clark. She accepted it really well, but its a bummer that she cant get baptized sooner. We are going to stay strong and keep visiting her regularly. Im not worried. That family is just amazing and has a ton of faith, so im not worried at all about her.
Our other investigators are having problems of their own. Lourdes and Flor, are going to meet us at the church tonight to talk about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Plan is to set a date for their baptism. It could be this sunday or the 31st, but I think we are going to let the Spirit decide that. Hopefully the spirit will help us know which date to set.
Marco and his wife still need to get married, and it seems like they are taking no rush to get that done. Its a bummer when you see someone with so much potencial and they just dont progress like you want them to.
Nat told me to include some funny stuff, so here it goes. My companion, with the investigators, likes to say that I do everything. So I decided, this week, that he would do everything. I told him that he would start and teach the lessons and that i would support him with testimonies. So we got to the first lesson and he just sat there, really quiet. I didnt say a word and just smiled and stared at him. He looked at me, and then after a few seconds of awkward silence he said, "What?", I told him to start he lesson and he asked which lesson we were teaching, even though we had already planned it. Once he started the lesson, he said a few words, and then looked over at me. I just smiled a bit and kept going. My companion is coming a long little by little. I dont remember being like he was when I first got here, but Im sure I was.
Our week was a lot of knocking and little teaching, but i know in these coming weeks the Lord will bless us. Pray for our success. I love you
Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment