Wednesday, June 16, 2010

5-24-2010

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great week. Ours turned out just fine. Even though weve got a few problems with the companionship, im trying hard to teach my kid how to teach and how to listen. I think those are two of the most important things in missionary work. All in all, we ended up putting 5 baptismal dates for the 6th of June. We are going to work really hard with those dates so that each one can get baptized.
This week, like always was another rejection week. But we made a lot of great progress with our investigators. My companion is still struggling to express himself. I think he wasnt very social before the mission. But hes making a lot of progress. The funniest thing for me right now is how sometimes when he shares a scripture, he just reads the scripture and... thats it. He then just looks at the investigators or the members and says, "So, what do you think? Pretty cool huh?" and they always just smile and dont really understand the point of the scripture. It always makes for a great uncomfortable moment. Ive learned to just laugh at moments like that. The other thing is, and I dont know why my companion is so against the catholic church, at the wierdest times, my companion will just attack other churches, but super hardcore. He lets it all out and its so awkward. Hes learning though, little by little.
Yesterday, I decided to rededicate myself to the lord. To work hard these last few months and to try to show him that Im here because I love him and because I want to serve him. Im excited to get in the water in a few weeks. Its been a while since Ive gotten to baptize.
I hope you all have a great week. The package still hasnt gotten here yet, but I think next week ill have it. I love you all. have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment