Wednesday, June 16, 2010

4-19-2010





Hello, world. Its me Elder Turley.

Well, we had another tough one. This week was the week of everyone committing to go to church and then not showing up. I was pretty bummed yesterday. We thought that the people we had been working with were going to go, but they didnt. Alfredo couldnt, because he had to go to his shop and open up for some people. He tried to open up early, but the people showed up late. He still is going strong and learning a lot. He committed this week to opening up his shop after the Church services get out at 12. We have enjoyed our lessons with him. He comments a lot more and understands very well the doctrine. He will make a great Priesthood holder, he just has to get to church.

Victoria, who we baptized at the beginning of this transfer is doing great. She always goes to church and is just a great person. We set a baptismal date for her son for Buds birthday, so that will be my present to Bud... a baptism. Hope you like it....

We have been trying to find new people, so its been a lot of the grind that is oh so tedious. I guess thats gonna help me a lot for when I get home, just to be able to work through things that I dont want to do. We have found a few who might be able to progress, so this week we are going to work really hard with our new investigators. Im trying to think of a cool story for this week, but, to be honest, its been pretty tough here.

On Saturday, we went out to Chichimequillas again and the appointments that we thought we were gonna have, fell through also. But, for service, we got to help a lady make tortillas. She told me that if they filled up with air as they were cooking, than I was ready to get married, but if not, I had to wait until they filled up. My companion and I both tried, and mine filled up completely. He....well needs to wait a little longer. Ill see if i cant send a few pictures of that.

Well, I know Im boring this week, but we are working hard. Hopefully we can find some elect this week and be able to have some good experiences with them. I hope you all have a great week. I love you

con amor, Elder Turley

PS Enjoy the Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment