Wednesday, June 16, 2010

3-29-2010

Hey everyone! Is it just me or do the weeks just go faster and faster?

Well, we had a great week this one. We went for three baptisms, but only came up with one. But one is still great. Victoria did get baptized on sunday, by Elder Valencia. It was a really great, spiritual service. Her sister, Isis, attended the service and felt the spirit very strong. We went over with them after the Baptism and talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I had a chance to testify about my baptism and how the Lord, through the Gift of the Holy Ghost, has blessed my life so much. That moment i dont think ill ever forget. The Spirit came into the room, and even though i didnt feel organized, i just talked. A lot of times i fall into talking pretty so that people feel connected. I remember that in that moment, I was just honest with myself. I talked about really personal stuff and I watched as the Spirit touched the Hearts of Isis and Victoria. From that point on in the lesson, the two opened up and started asking questions. We talked about how we, as missionaries, recognize the elect of the Lord. That also led to a spiritual talk ending in Isis realizing that she is prepared. Tonight we are going to see if its the moment to set a date. After the closing prayer, I just decided to open the scriptures to see if god wanted to tell me anything. I read two scriptures in Doctrine and Covenants. One said something about how we, missionaries, are called for the Gathering of the Lord´s elect (pretty cool huh). Then I looked over to the other column and the first words I read were, "and the hour is close" or something like that in spanish. Anyways, I showed it to Isis, and she just stayed silent. We are gonna see what happens today.

So Bud´s engaged. And he doesnt want to wait. Lets just hope Kimmy doesnt do the same or im NEVER gonna see what a sealings like.

Im liking my area more and more. Even though we are in Zacatecas, it doesnt seem to be AS hard as Sombrerete. We have a bunch of really cool investigators and they are progressing. Hopefully, we can bust out a good amount of baptisms this change and the next one.

My companion is a great guy. He really shows his love for everyone, and makes the lessons really fun. We always include some sort of game that turns out to be a blast. He is helping me learn to be a better teacher and a better missionary. I feel like I need to show my love for my investigators more when Im with him. Pretty much we always have a great time and maybe thats why the weeks pass by really quick.

Any news from BYU? Im a little bit anxious in the nights. Just because Im excited to know if I get in or not.

Well thats my news right now. Pray for our success here. We have a lot of people who are ALMOST there. Just need a little more preparation from the lord. Im sure with your prayers, these people will be able to progress and be baptized.

I love you all. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment