Saturday, November 14, 2009

"A day in the life" 9-14-09




So i decided to start a new thing. Im gonna expand Fast Friday into the Mexican country. Im gonna start taking pictures of investigators or members with fast Friday Jerseys. This first one is Gerado. Hes a pretty cool kid and may get baptised sometime soon.

We had a really busy week, preparing for this Missionary Talent show that we put on in the stake. The goal was to get members to invite investigators and just relax, laugh, and feel the spirit. It turned out really well. In my area we had 5 investigators show up and one of them was the husband of this lady we were teaching. Everyone had told me that this guy was just a huge problem and he hates missionaries, but I didn’t have any problems with him. I played the song that I composed and after the show he was really excited to talk to me and about music. So look at that. The composition helped me out in my mission! The real highlight though, was a song that Elder Moynihan, my district leader, Elder Robb, another Elder in the District, and I sang together. Stand by me. We practiced really hard and it just turned out perfect. Some other acts that other Elders put on were a David and Goliath skit and some hymns. Overall it turned out really well, and everyone really enjoyed themselves. We also put some spiritual moments into it, like at the end we sang a song called Faith in every Step. It opened a few new doors for us, so we will see what happens in this next week.

Other than that, we just keep moving forward, working with our progressing investigators, and we may just see a few baptisms this Sunday and the next. Ill keep you all posted.

Have a great week everyone. The video of Stand by Me MIGHT just show up on facebook….

Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment