Saturday, November 14, 2009

"20 years old" 8-24-09

Hey family and Friends.

An older, 20 year old Elder Turley writes to you today. For my birthday prestent, the Lord sent us the sun, to heat up our day a little. It prolly just peaked over 100 degrees towards the late afternoon, but he got it to us in the end.

The ward is one of the oldest wards in Torreon. We are in the south part of the city in a tiny area called the rosa. The toughest part is that every door has been knocked and people know the missionaries, so we have to take a different approach. We have decided to start supporting the members more with activities and have at least 2 ward activities every month. We hope that more movement in the Church will give the members more opportunities to invite their friends or neighboors that “think” they know what we do. What ive seen in my mission is that when you get someone into the chaple. The chances of getting that same person in the water, increase dramatically. We are going to focus a lot on that and see where it leads us.

Elder Pacheco is my companion. Hes got 3 months in the mission and seems like a hard working elder. The only problem with im gonna help him with is that he wants to do everything on his own. He needs to learn to work as a team make. We will see how this change goes. Its funny that ive got 10 months and its starting to feel like im a lot older.

So Jonny and Thomas go in the MTC. Im really excited for them. That place is just a dream. Someone will have to send me the emails quick, so i can write them and support them in their early moments.

I know im boring. This week we should see some progress with a couple investigators we found, and hopefully ill get you a good story.

The members are great. They love me, they feed me a ton, and I love them. My goal is just to gain their confidence and love them back.

Con amor, Elder Turley

P.S. I started a choir so that should be really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment