Saturday, November 14, 2009

9-28-09 "Hello"

Hey, well I dont have a ton of time, because we got changes today. My companion is getting changed, so I gotta go and pick up my new one.

We almost had a baptism yesterday. Worked really hard to get it, but sometimes it just doesn’t work out. We seem to be looking good for this next change. Weve got a baptismal service on Saturday, and its also gonna be conference, so that just makes it a double plus. Im talking with some of the stake leaders, and its possible that we get to watch it in English, so that would just put the icing on the cake!

The guy that I won over with my piano song keeps wanting to show me all the music he has in english, so ive got some really classic songs stuck in my head right now. Like Dawn´s Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree. And than I got this other guy who just puts on Classic 70 mexican love songs, so when I come back ill be a Mexican Romance Singer from the 70s. it actually helps me gain a lot of trust from older people here, if I walk around singing really classic songs.

This week we found an old Investigator who really seems like she will progress. Her husband just recently passed away from Cancer, so we are teaching her what she needs to do to be sealed with him and live with him forever. Shes really receptive, and wants to do it, but shes also super busy so that’s our only problem.

Other than that, we are gonna keep working with our progressing investigators and work harder on referrals to see if we cant get some more success here.

Sorry I couldn’t write more, but im short on time. Have a great week everyone!

Con mucho amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment