Saturday, November 14, 2009

10-12-09 "Hey"

Hey everyone!

All day Friday I was thinking about 24 Hours of Moab and supporting the teams racing from here. I hope you had a great time and get started on training for next year when you ride it with me!

This week we saw the fruits of General Conference, as we received a couple really cool references. This one lady, Francis, prolly knows the Bible better than half the missionaries in the field. We were teaching the Restoration to her the other day, and when we started talking about James 1:5, she just quoted the scripture before we could even pull it out. She likes the fact that the people who give talks don’t just talk about punishments for not obeying commandments, and she also likes that there is only ONE prophet, because in her other churches, practically everyone stands up and says that God talks to them. Kind of confusing that way.

Ive been maintaining my relationship with the Family Pedroza and the two young men that they have. Its fun doing divisions with them and working and teaching them. I can see them growing and changing little by little every day. Àngel is a great friend, and him and I get along really well. The family made me dinner yesterday, to celebrate my year mark. They are really great people and should go to the Temple this Saturday.

Another success is Brother Rivas. Since I got here, Ive been trying to go and visit him 2 or 3 times every week. He and I made an agreement that we would read 15 Chapters in the Book of Mormon every week so that he could finish before the year ends. We will be going into Mosiah this week, so its cool to see the progress with him. And he just might be going and taking out his endowments this Saturday. Im really hoping and praying that he can.

Im trying to be more and more obedient lately. I decided that Id like to enjoy more fully the blessings of the Lord, and use them with my investigators. The area is tough, so its going to require more blessings of the Lord. Through these efforts, Ive been able to feel the spirit more often and keep it with me, and I don’t want to lose that companionship.

It seems like the efforts with some of the young men are showing results. Àngel told me today that hes got 2 more baptisms in line for this change. His sister´s boyfriend and his sister in law. I decided we are going to focus a lot on them and hopefully see some more baptisms in this change.

I hope everyones doing well. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment