Sunday, July 19, 2009

7-13-09

Well it sounds like its nice and hot back at home. The good thing about Sombrerete is that it rains almost everyday.
This week it rained harder than ive ever seen in my life. And I loved it. We had to run from the house to the House of Prayer, and needless to say, we got soaked. This week went a little better than last. And I hope it just keeps improving. We had a great experience with one of our investigators. Elder Hernandez and I decided to approach him a little differently. In our lessons, we focused a lot on the importance of Joseph Smith and the fact that Luis, our investigator, needed to decide and find out for himself if he believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet. One day we came for our appointment and began to talk a bit with Luis, to see if he had completed with his commitments. We left 2 movies and a chapter in the Book of Mormon. The movies were for the appointment with us, but he had watched both of them, so we just talked about it. Then we got to the Book of Mormon. He read the chapter and actually had studied it. It surprised me as a missionary, because that is really rare. Im sure Bud, Nat, John and Steve can understand that it doesnt really happen. He pointed out what he found interesting. That Jesus called
12 apostles on this continent, and how the people couldnt understand the voice until the third time. 3 Nephi 11. I then decided to ask him if he felt that the Book of Mormon was the word of God. And he told me yes. I also asked him if he felt Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and why. He gave me a very spiritual answer that showed he had thought about it. We then used that to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and put a few more commitments, including a baptismal date. He accepted for the 9th of August. It goes to show what dad said to me in one email. Theres always one person waiting in every area. The game is finding that person and focusing on them. Once theyve been baptised, you start looking for the next one. I like that idea. This transfer we are gonna focus in the few investigators that we have progressing and the rest less active members. I got the second part from Grandpa Lang.

Well that was my week. Few good experiences, but the good ones are worth it. Im still getting some whiplash from the members that I had to talk to, and I just get a kick out of it now. I know I felt the spirit when i talked to them. And I know that God knows who was right.
Now I just gotta be humble and let them work it out themselves.

Have a great week everyone. I expect more emails next week please.
Con amor, Elder Turley

P.S. Bud tu novia parece muy diferente que la ultima. Tienes que decirme como es ella. Y tambien tienes que jugar todos mis juegos,
especialmente Oblivion. Extraño oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment