Sunday, July 19, 2009

6-22-09

Hey everyone

This week has been another one of ups and downs. After over six months, I finally got to see Elder Larson again. I missed my good friend from the MTC. Hes been doing awesome, and continues to impress me. We got to hang out and eat some lunch together. It was really nice catching up and seeing someone that I grew up as a missionary with.

Also, one of our investigators, Maria, said that after church last week she felt a change in her life. She wasnt able to go to church this week for stuff that her son did, but shes got a baptismal date for the 28, this next sunday. We are really hoping to get this one. We are trying really hard to at least complete with our part in the mission. 2 Baptisms every month, and I think we can do it. This week will require focusing on Maria a whole bunch, but I think it will pay off in the end.

We went through the whole week, thinking it was going so much better, but then, yesterday, we caught one of the members telling a recent convert that we dont work and that we shouldnt be missionaries, and a whole bunch of other stuff that really isnt true. I think im going crazy, because normally, when we hear that shes said something like that about us (which she does frequently), I get mad, but yesterday, I just laughed.
I know that I am trying my hardest to do my part, and to show my love for the people here, who cares what she thinks.

Well im sure your all excited for the wedding this weekend, so ill keep the letter short. Congratz Nat and John. Im really proud of you. Nat you have always set such a great example for me in my life. Spiritually you have showed such a strong testimony. With school, your a genious.
Thanks for putting the bar so high, and then expecting me to compete.
I love you and Ill be thinking of you all day saturday. Have fun, you really deserve it.

Have a great week everyone
Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment