Monday, August 10, 2009

8-10-09 "10 months"

Well im a 10 month missionary now. It finally feels like im making some sort of dent into the time ive got. It feels good to know that ive made it this far and that im getting closer and closer every day.
Enrique left us last Saturday. We managed to get him the priesthood and finished what we could teach him. We felt good about completing our part and feel that Enrique will keep getting stronger and stronger in the church. He really was a golden investigator just waiting for the gospel. He even mentioned that he wants to serve a mission. Im excited for him and to see where his life leads him now that hes in the church. Im bummed that I cant be with him any longer to help him out as a new convert, but I guess ill just have to stick with talking through mail.
This week was generally boring I guess. We taught and spent a lot of time with Enrique, helping him with questions and doubts that he had. We also had a really fun activity with him and another recent convert, Jose. We went back to the Sierra de Organos and spent the day climbing and having doctrinal discussions. We taught a lot about the temple and about the teachings of Christ. It was a really fun day and I love being out in nature and being able to teach about the gospel. It’s a double plus.
As for birthday presents. I cant believe im asking for this but I could use some socks. I could also use another pair of jeans and my Vans. I didn’t think id use them as often but situations arise and you gotta be prepared. Other than that….. surprise me!
Have a great week everyone! Think about writing me, especially cause its gonna be my birthday.
Con amor, Elder Turley

Mom could you send this to dads email.... i dont know which one he wants me to use...

No comments:

Post a Comment