Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week of the Whites

3/9/2009
Well, another week gone by. This one seemed a Little longer for me, because I was the one who had to lead my companion around town. It’s a little bit different when your in charge of who we visit, and what we will do. Im not senior companion, but we are pretty much equals. I have 5 months as a missionary, as of yesterday, and hes got 6 months and one week. Sometimes I feel like I know Spanish better, but then, at other times, he really pulls it out and makes for a good lesson. We decided that we are going to be very obedient this transfer, and not to mention diligent. We got some really good numbers this week, thanks to the Lord and to some good old fashion hard work. Ive started trying something new. In Spanish its ganando confianza. Im starting to talk to people and get to know them. Im thinking this new strategy will help people to trust me, and then we can start sharing the gospel, and get them to open their hearts. We are also going to start use the Fuantos, a family of investigators that just cant be baptize because Jorge can get divorced with his exwife. Its complicated, but they know it all better than most members know it, and its really going to help us, because they can just relate to people so much better. I cant give any amazing stories, just plain old hard work. We are hoping to get a few baptisms in the next couple of weeks. If they go through ill be so happy. I can already see that we will have more success than elder De La Cruz and I had when we were together. I learned a lot from him, mostly what I shouldn’t do, but also what I can do to help win trust. Im really excited to be working right now, and I love living and serving in Parras. Keep writing, even though I get more and more boring every week. I swear ill have something good for you all next week.

Con amor, Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment