Monday, February 16, 2009

Skin n Bones

Hello everyone that gets this. Im not really sure how far it goes.
First off, FELICIDADES to Natalie! You can thank me
when I get home.
I hope you all had a great valentines day. We were blessed
with a lot of work that day. And We needed it. This week
has been really difficult. Usually, if we are low in numbers,
we can just go knocking, and teach a fair amount, but this
week, no way. We worked hard, and hardley had anything
to show for it. Luckily, on Saturday, we got to teach a
bunch of people. No baptisms yet. I remember when I
was in the MTC and people told me that Mexico Baptizes
like crazy. I think every other mission gets over 2000 a year,
but ours is just trying to get to 1000. Its a good challenge, and I
think im up for that. Im almost at the point where i can just talk
in Spanish. I still have some work to do, but im almost there.
We have interviews this week, and its crazy to think there are
only 2 weeks left in this Transfer. Im pretty sure Im going to
stay in Parras for at least one more transfer, before they give
me the boot. Im loving it here. Its starting to get a Little greener
. Unfortunately, its also starting to get a lot hotter. Unlike you all,
we dont get rain in Mexico.
Well, my companion was a downer, and he didnt want to go
to the circus. We missed our chance. We do get to go to mutual
with the Young men every week. In Zone Conference, President
Clark asked us to focus more on getting the Young Men and
Young Women into church, and reactivating the less actives.
I dont mind, because we get to play baseball. I think next
week we are going to play dodgeball with them. This past
Saturday was pretty cool, because two nonmembers showed
up to play some baseball. They had a great time, and they
want to come back next Saturday.
I played 3 hymns in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. Pretty
crazy. I screwed up a bunch, but im progressing Little by Little.
I might have my first baptism this next Sunday. We have
been teaching the Sister of the Branch President for
sometime, and this past week we set a baptismal date
with her. I really hope it Works out, because I dont want
to leave Parras without doing SOMETHING.
I think thats it. Nothing really exciting. Trying to get our
investigators to progress more, but thats that battle right
now. I love you all, and have an amazing week.
Mom I should get the package tomorrow at interviews.
Thanks again.
Kimmy picked the ball back up.
Thanks for all the letters. Im praying for you all, and I
hope your doing the same for me.
I found out that right after I shaved my head, President
Clark changed his mind. So im not supposed to have
a shaved head. I cut it to a three and it feels great!
Con amor, Elder Turley
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment